Care Coordination links older people with appropriate long-term care services so they can maintain their independence. Care coordinators provide outreach, assessment, and care planning. Through this program, individuals learn about and/or receive assistance from AASC and partner organizations.
Care Coordination’s services include, but are not limited to:
- Care Coordination
- CARES – Caregiver Assistance & Relief Education Services
- Options Counseling
- Emergency Home Repair
- Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program (VICAP)
- Information and Assistance Intake for Services)
- Emergency services
- Food, Durable Medical Equipment, Depends (as available)
- Fan & Heater Care
- Heating, Cooling and Crisis Application Assistance
- Bridge and Link Programs Coordinated with Clinch Valley Medical Center
- PACE Program Intake & Enrollment
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us and ask to speak with Intake.
Senior Medicare Patrol
AASC also works to educate the community about Medicare and Medicaid fraud through the SMP program.
The Virginia Senior Medicare Patrol’s mission is to empower and assist Medicare beneficiaries, their families, and caregivers to prevent, detect, and report health care fraud, errors, and abuse through outreach, counseling, and education. The Virginia SMP works with local Area Agencies on Aging and volunteers to provide information, conduct educational presentations and attend events to share information with the public.
Fraud Hotline: 1-800-938-8885
SMP Website: www.VirginiaSMP.com.