Appalachian Agency for Senior Citizens is a private non-profit organization formed in 1975 to improve the quality of life of older adults and disabled individuals through charitable, educational, social services and other appropriate means. AASC is one of 25 area agencies on aging in Virginia and serves the counties of Buchanan, Dickenson, Russell and Tazewell in Southwest Virginia.
Aging is not a choice, however aging well is. AASC believes in fostering programs aimed at helping seniors stay within their homes and community as long as possible with dignity and grace.
- AASC Releases 2023 Annual ReportAppalachian Agency for Senior Citizens’ 2023 Annual Report can be found by clicking the picture below:
- Medicare Open Enrollment Ends Dec. 7As the end of Medicare Open Enrollment approaches on Dec. 7, AASC counselors will not take any telephone clients after Friday, Dec. 1. However, the insurance counselors will continue to take in-person appointments on Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 4-5. Make an appointment with a counselor by calling AASC at 276-964-4915. AASC’s Care Coordination Department is […]
- AASC Receives $25,000 Grant From Meals on Wheels America, Food Lion FeedsMark Pike, Food Lion store manager in Richlands, VA, officially awarded the agency a $25,000 check for the Meals on Wheels America Meeting Unmet Needs Grant to expand the nutritional services horizon in AASC’s four-county service area. (L-R) Director of Aging Services Wayne Damron, CEO Brian Beck, Food Lion Store Manager Mark Pike, Director of […]
- AASC enjoys picnic in the parkIt was a perfect day for a picnic in the park. Appalachian Agency for Senior Citizens took advantage of it by transporting participants from its adult day center and child daycare facility to the “Fit for Life Park” located in the Richlands neighborhood of Lake Park on Thursday, Sept. 21. Appalachian Agency received a Community […]
- AASC wins prestigious Aging Achievement AwardCedar Bluff, VA — Appalachian Agency for Senior Citizens received a 2023 Aging Achievement Award from USAging, one of the highest honors presented by USAging to its members. The Mount Rogers PACE service area expansion was among 50 local aging programs to receive honors during USAging’s 48th Annual Conference and Tradeshow, July 16-19 in Salt […]